Protect your System with Avast Anti-Virus Software
Every PC that has an internet connection should be protected with an antivirus software. Using an antivirus software like Avast can keep your system free of virus threats. You can in fact reduce the risk of virus infection by using Avast along with other data backup utilities.
You may wonder what is so special about using Avast. Avast is an award winning antivirus engine and a contemporary antivirus program that will meet all your virus cleaning needs. This is why Avast stands out from other antivirus programs. The following are some of the outstanding features of Avast.
Certified Anti-spyware technology- The antivirus program from Avast is certified by WestCoast Labs Checkmark process.
Faster Scan- Unlike other antiscan softwares, Avast runs a scan in a quick time. The detection ability of Avast is also good than any other antivirus systems.
Real-time Shields- The Real time shields in Avast monitors your internet connection and scans all the files that are opened or closed. This is done to prevent any possible virus attacks.
Other Special Features
Some of the other key features of Avast is listed below.
· Protects Computers against viruses, spyware and other malicious software like malware.
· Live Anti-Rootkit Protection.
· Performs Dynamic translation of suspicious executable.
· Detects hidden malwares using Heuristic Engine.
· Determines Unwanted Programs like admin tools and key loggers.
· Performs Boo-time Scanning, which means the scanning can be done even before the operating system starts to work.
· Allows Command line Scan.
· Performs frequent wake-up scans when the system returns from a sleep mode.
· Allows time scheduling for scan operation.
· Saves Scan Time. Only those files that are not scanned are scanned.
· Monitors activity using sensors.
· Reports/blocks all suspicious activities in the system.
· Monitors suspicious activity on selected computers.
· Scans all open files real time.
· Checks all Emails (incoming and outgoing) for the presence of malware.
· Performs a Virus Check on webpages and files that are viewed in real time.
· Performs Stream Scan without slowing down the internet connection.
· Checks downloaded files using P2P shield, Network Shield and IM shield.
· Reduces file size for updates.
· Speeds up application updates.
· Detects full screen application and disables popups using the New Silent/Gaming mode.
· Scans multicore CPUs in a quick time.
· Consumes very less energy.
· Scans Graphics and Graphical user interface.
The latest release of Avast has more number of features than the earlier ones. So make sure to download the latest version of Avast antivirus software.
System Requirements to Download Avast
The system requirements for Avast antivirus software are,
· A computer,
· Pentium 3 Processor
· 128 MB RAM
· 100 MB of Free Hard Disk Space
Since Avast is ad-supported, it may offer to download external components that are not required for the program.
Windows 2K / XP / Vista / 2008 / Vista64 / 7 / 7 x64