Download WinRAR 5.00
When space is a premium on your computer, or when you need to archive or send files quickly and efficiently, you will want to take advantage of a file compression utility that is easy to use, such as WinRAR.
WinRAR is a sophisticated utility for compressing a whole host of file formats, including 7-Zip, ACE, ARJ, BZIP2, CAB, Gzip, ISO, LZH, RAR, TAR, UUE and ZIP. It’s important to use a data compression utility that works with as many formats as possible, to streamline the way you work with your files.
Use WinRAR to generate archives, manage them and keep things organized quickly and conveniently. It uses an advanced algorithm to generate tiny archives of your data, which is particularly useful when you are running out of storage space. When you create small compressed files with WinRAR, it’s easier to send them to people via email or to post online.
Now when you have an enormous file that you need to share with a colleague at work or school, for example, you can use WinRAR to split it into multiple volumes. What’s more, WinRAR gives you the ability to add security to your files with password protection. When you need to protect confidential data, WinRAR’s encryption scheme can help protect your files. You can even use this utility to repair broken archives that wouldn’t otherwise open.
To keep your system safe, WinRAR enables you to conduct a virus scan on archived files before you even begin decompressing them.
WinRAR’s Important Features:
* Completely original algorithm for compressing files, providing a high compression ratio on your executables as well as large files.
* WinRAR uses a compression system that is ideal for handling large multimedia files.
* Supports file sizes up to 9,000PB.
* WinRAR provides support for working with NTFS file security as well as streaming data.
* WinRAR enables users to work in both the command line mode as well as the normal Windows interface, which is great for power users as well as novices.
*WinRAR enables users to add comments to archives and files, which is useful when you have a large amount of data that you need to keep track of after compression.
Windows 2K, XP, Vista, Vista x64, 2003 Server, 7, 7 x64, 2008 Server, 8, 8 x64